Friday, January 11, 2013

Give me my routine back!

It’s true. They say that babies’ needs schedules and routines and I could not agree more. Little Nolan has always been a happy baby (for the most part). Somewhere between the holidays and flying to Texas our little guy became a sleep deprived, cranky baby that only seemed to want his mama. Of course, I did not mind his neediness, but he was just not acting like himself. We wondered if it was a growth spurt, teething, exhaustion or a combination of all of them. We recently went back to work and Nolan went right back to his daily routine.
Dreading going back to work on Wednesday, I feared that Nolan would cry when I dropped him off at Aunt Ginnie’s house and that I would get a phone call that he is miserable and I would be picking him up early. Well, I got the opposite…
Nolan smiled at Aunt Ginnie almost immediately when he saw her. I received texts throughout the day about how happy Nolan has been and he even took his naps right on schedule. Are you kidding me child? I don’t think Ryan and I had slept since Christmas Eve. Getting Nolan to take a nap was near impossible (unless we were on an airplane!), bedtime was taking about 2 and a half hours to get him to sleep and his overly tired, crankiness was just sad to see.
Coming home from work on that day and seeing how happy Nolan was made for a happy mommy and daddy! Nolan played, ate dinner, took his bath, we (attempted) read him some books and went to bed (although it still took about an hour to get to sleep). I will say he is a million times happier. He is back to going right to bed and is not waking up when we lay him down. We have our happy boy back and I really think it is because he is back to his routine!
He needs his schedule.
This is a brief look at a day in the life of our baby boy,
7:10 AM – Mommy wakes me up and changes me and gets me dressed for the day
7:20 AM – Mommy feeds me and then we pack up the car for the day
8 AM – Mommy drops me off at Aunt Ginnies or daycare – playtime!
10AM-11:30 AM – I take my morning nap
11:30 AM – I have my lunch
11:45 AM – Playtime!
1:30-3 PM – I take my afternoon nap
3 PM – Give me my bottle!
3:30-4 PM – Daddy picks me up
4 PM – Playtime
5 PM – Mommy is home, dinner time, play time
6:30 PM – bath time, PJ time
7 PM – Calm down time, try to read me a story or two (I will rub my eyes alot and get fussy though!)
7:30 PM – Feed me and good night

And then of course, there is an occassional,
7:31 PM – JUST KIDDING, rub my head and rock me and I will eventually fall back asleep…

Nolan gives out a lot of high fives! He is still working on waving hello/goodbye and "Soo big!". Aunt Callie came over and Nolan waved goodbye to her a few times. It was so exciting. I will say that she is the first person that he has officially waved bye too when asked to do so. Good job Nolie! He still loves patty cake and horsey bouncing on your legs. (I don't know the horse song Grandma sings to him, but I know he enjoys when she sings it to him!) I just make up my own song.

And now for some VERY EXCITING NEWS!!!
Aunt Ginnie & Great Chuck are going to be grandparents!!!!!! Sam & Justin are expecting a little one this summer!!! We couldn't be happier for them!! :) :) :)
So many babies, I LOVE IT!!!!



<<I was going to upload some pictures, but for some reason it isn't letting me...I will add some later!>>


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see Nolie's high fives!!! What a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete