Sunday, October 20, 2013

28.

 

I sure am one spoiled mama. On October 11th I celebrated my 28th birthday. For some reason, I continue to feel as though I am still 25 years old, but in reality I am 28. My day weekend was great! This may have been the first time I have ever taken off work on my birthday, and I loved it. It was a very rainy day so Nolan and I spent the morning around the house hanging out. Ryan sent me a text message with this video and all I can say is cue the tears:
 I finally dropped Nolan off at daycare in the morning and then stopped at Vision Works to order new contacts. To my dismay, my prescription had expired and I had to do an eye exam to get my new prescription. Anyone that knows me knows that the thing I like least is eye exams. Why? I feel like it is a test that I will always fail. Well, that’s because it is a test I will always fail. I sit in the chair straining as best I can to tell the doctor “’U’, no it’s a ‘V’, ehh...wait it is a ‘U’!” Needless to say, the appointment was surprisingly quick and painless. I don’t think too many people were wondering out in the rain. The doctor did tell me “your prescription changed a little bit, but that is normal for someone in their upper 20’s”. Wait, I’m not 25 anymore?
After the eye doctor I went to the mall because my new iPhone 5s J had a defected SIM card. After I received the video from Ryan early in the morning my phone had stopped working (for like the 10th time). Being that I could not use my phone, I went to the apple store and was told to make an appointment. The earliest time available on that Friday….4:50PM! Awesome. So, I made the appointment and kindly asked the lady for a piece of technology so that I could tell my bestie whom I was meeting for lunch that I was already at the mall. She got my phone temporarily working and in poured a pile of texts, videos and voicemails. I felt SOOO loved! It was recommended I go to AT&T and see if they can fit me in for a new SIM card. So I walked to the other end of the mall and chuckled when I saw AT&T had about 8 people working and no one in the store. I think they were able to “fit me in”. And so, they fixed my phone.
I met up with my bestie, Aun and her precious little girls (my adorable little nieces), Quinn and Harper. We walked around the mall, bought matching yoga mat bags (because we are that cool!) and grabbed lunch. Quinn and Harper are little angels shopping! Nolan is going to need to take a lesson from them because all that little boy wants to do is get out of the stroller and run around! After a great trip to the mall, I was on my way to get my massage.
 
The massage was glorious. One hour on a heated massage table with my eyes closed. I almost fell sound asleep about 5 times.
After my massage, I stopped over at my dad’s to say hi to him for a little bit before picking up Nolan from daycare. I don’t like to pick him up during his nap, so if I am early I will normally just wait until a little after 3 to assure he is awake.
Nolie and I headed home and played awhile we waited for Ryan to come home from work and then that evening we went to Ginza Japanese Steakhouse for dinner. Nolan didn’t eat any of the food the last time we were there, but this time he constantly ate off of our plates! We shared a table with an adorable older couple, their friend who was celebrating their 61st birthday and the friend’s mother who was 89 years old. They were the sweetest people and they were so smitten with Nolan. They watched him the entire meal and had nothing but kind comments to say about our handsome little boy and how well behaved he was the entire meal. J

And that was my birthday. I wouldn’t change one thing…ok, maybe I would change my eyes getting a little bit worse, but other than that, perfect.
 
 
 
Haircut #2 (10/12/13)

No comments:

Post a Comment