Friday, September 19, 2014

Dear Nolan


Dear Nolan,
My dear sweet little boy, you are growing like a weed. Seriously, so fast. I haven’t done an update lately about all the amazing this you do, but where do I even begin? You are simply amazing.
 
You are starting to branch out a little bit more and try some new foods. Ok, I am being generous writing this post because let’s be honest if you had it your way you would eat macaroni and cheese for every meal. Every single one of them. You are still not willing to try any meat other than chicken..ok chicken nuggets. Seriously, why did I say you are branching out and eating more? I take it back, you are still extremely picky and make us want to pull our hair out at dinner time, but thankfully you throw in a few random nights where you eat everything without complaining. Those few nights keep us sane. J
 
You are obsessed with the ice bucket challenge. At first the ALS ice bucket challenge videos caused you to whine as if you were scared for the person getting the cold water dumped on them. All of a sudden you decided to get in on the action and started dumping all of your foam blocks on your head. Then you decided it would be even more fun to run over to your play kitchen and dump all the play food on your head. Every time you do it you say “ice bucket challenge” then dump your toys and scream “I’m wet! I’m wet!” followed by some ridiculously adorable giggles. This has filtered into the bathtub where you take a cup of water and dump it over your head and have since decided that it would be even more fun if you can dump it on mommy or daddy’s head. Not cool kid. So, basically what I am saying is that our house is covered in a mess of toys and the bathroom is usually soaking wet.
 
The things you say lately crack me up. I taught you a knock-knock joke which you love to tell and think is hilarious. When I ask about your day you tell me things like “Ayanna ate my raviolis!” or “I teach baby JJ to be a good boy!”. You talk nonstop. I mean you have always loved to talk, but boy you are seriously nonstop. You love to sing songs and sometimes make up your own songs to the theme of “row, row, row your boat”. No lies, every time you make up a song it is to that rhythm. You counted to 50 the other day! Thirty and Forty sound the same, but you go through both of them! I mean seriously, you are just a few months over 2 and can count to 50! You are also getting really good at counting in Spanish. You can do up to 15 easily, but always try to make it to 20! You are a little sponge and even when daddy and I think you aren’t listening, you are.
 
Everybody that knows you knows that you love baseball. You love the Orioles and your favorite player to watch is AJ (Adam Jones). I need to find a cheap Jones jersey for you. You find every Orioles billboard when we are in the car and scream “ORIOLES!” you usually follow it up by saying that you want to go see the Orioles. Lucky for you kiddo, we are hopefully going to see the birds extra long this season! (***Wrote this post Monday evening 9/15/14 - -since then the Orioles have won the AL East Division and are headed to the postseason! More on that night and experience to come!!!) J You study the players and copy them. I love watching you get ready to hit…you tap the plate, swing the bat around in a few circles and then bend your little knees and get in a hitting stance. It’s actually a damn good stance too. Recently, you observed the pitchers and take your hands together and are working on your leg kick. It is amazing how you watch, copy and remember. You love going to mommy and daddy’s softball games and really just love being at the field. I think we have a lot of Little League in our future and believe me that excites me.

 
You have a wonderful little imagination and you pretend play. You like to go to the store, buy bananas and pretend to give us each one to eat. You also like to feed teddy bear and Elmo. You always check on them to make sure they are ok. You are such a caring little boy. If I ever even say “ouch”, wince, trip or make some kind of painful face you always quickly ask “mommy, are you ok?” You my sweet child, you melt my heart.

 
I could honestly write a book about just how perfect you are. I mean, yes you do have a temper and you can be a little brat. It is not all rainbows and butterflies, but to me you are and always will be just so perfect. Do I wish you cleaned your toys up the first time I ask you? Absolutely. Do I wish you loved food? You bet. Do scream and whine for no reason just to test us? Most definitely. But I would not change a single thing about you, or a single second of the time we have with each other. Every night before you go to bed I rub your back and tell you that you are my favorite, and I mean it.

 
You are the best little boy and I love you to pieces. I hope you fall asleep in my arms many, many more times to come.

Love,
Mommy 

xoxo

   

No comments:

Post a Comment