Monday, June 6, 2016

1 Month with Maddie Ann

Happy 1 month baby girl!!! What a (tiring) joy this last month has been! 


During our stay at the hospital when you were born your weight dropped a bit too much and so the pediatrician insisted we supplement formula. At that point you became way too spoiled to work for your food and I have resorted to exclusively pumping for you sweet girl. I am just as stubborn as you though and we continue to work on nursing daily. I still have hope you will get it! 

{the lip}

You actually love your sleep. I really, really hope that stays, but I am not going to hold my breath! I set the alarm for every 3 hours to wake you up and feed you. In my tired state I have actually forgotten to set the alarm a few times and each time you went 4 hours before waking up hungry! I am waiting until after your 1 month appointment to get the weight checked and ask the pediatrician if we are good to let you sleep until you are hungry!! 


Your brother loves you to pieces. He loves to hold you, kiss you and help take care of you. You respond to his voice. When he sings to you it calms you. You are starting to try to follow our voices! 


I am so excited to watch you grow and learn so much this year and to watch Nolan teach you so much!! 


In this month you have inherited many nicknames -- Maddie girl, Maddie bug, Maddie Ann, Munchie and we should make Spit up queen #1 on the list because unlike your brother, you spit up...a lot! 

{spit up queen}

1 month "stats"-
21.5 inches -60% (still a 1/2 inch shorter than your brother was at birth)
8 lbs 6 oz - 18% (pediatrician advised we continue to wake you every 3 hrs to eat at night {insert tired emoji} we were so hopeful to let you sleep) 
50% head :) 

We love you to pieces Maddie girl! 

Happy 1 month <3


No comments:

Post a Comment