Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Meet baby Cader!

Alaina, Nolan and I went on a little road trip on Sunday. We left the house around 9:30am and headed to Pennsylvania. We were going for our cousin's surprise bridal shower. Nolan took his morning nap pretty much right when we got in the car. I think he was sound asleep before we got to the tunnel (that's not even 15 minutes away!) and he slept the entire car ride. We stopped and had lunch. Little man is starting to enjoy food, and I am loving it! It is so nice to order a meal and know that I can give Nolan a little bit of it. Of course, pouches are always on hand just in case. Nolan tried a little bit of both Alaina's and my plate. He also shared some of his puffs and cheerios with us.

During the bridal shower Nolan did not take his afternoon nap like I had hoped, but he was still a happy boy. I think Nolan's favorite part of the day was rocking on the porch rocking chair with me (aside from seeing his Aunt's of course!). After the shower, we headed back to Maryland. We left around 5pm and of course, within 15 minutes he was sound asleep. Nolan slept all the way until we got back to the tunnel. The entire time he slept I feared what my night would entail.



When we got home Ryan was grilling and so Nolan and I decided to enjoy the weather a little bit longer too. Nolan sat on the new grass in the backyard and would not move. In other words, my child does not like grass. It was pretty hilarious. That will change really quick child. Little do you know, but your mama and dada LOVE to be outside! Nolan was full of energy after his 5 o'clock nap and so we let him play a good bit before attempting putting him to bed. We started to try around 8:30 and it was not until 9:50 that he stopped fighting us and went to sleep. Once he finally fell asleep he didnt wake up until almost 7am the next morning and it was back to routine.

"What is all this green stuff?"


It was weird because last week Ryan had spring break and was home with Nolan every day. I was going in to work much earlier and wasn't seeing my sleepy baby in the mornings. Although I was sad to not see him until I got home from work, I was happy to leave work earlier and have more time in the evenings with them.

Meanwhile, I had no idea that throughout my road trip on Sunday I was actually getting closer to meeting my newest niece! Callie went into labor finally (12 days late!) and ended up having a beautiful baby girl on Sunday night. She was born at 11:11pm! Being the grandma that I am, I was sound asleep and didn't read my text until the next morning. Callie and Dylan, you both are going to be the most amazing parents. I am looking forward to having out children grow up together. I love you both so much and could not be happier for you!

On Monday evening we went to meet Cader and congratulate Dylan and Callie! She is so tiny and so cute! I love her to pieces!!


Cader Ellison Springmann
7 lbs 13 ounces 20.25 in. 
4-7-13 at 11:11pm
Absolutely perfect.

Proud new parents!


Tuesday evening we FINALLY had dinner with the Hastings and Ainsworth families! We had been planning this for about a month and life kept getting in the way of our plan. Our family night was so much fun and I loved seeing all our babies together!

I love this! :)

Oh, and this weather..absolutely amazing! 


Nolan warming up to the grass at Aunt Ginnie's today!

but not too happy about the sandbox...haha! Poor baby!

Nol Nol, you are getting so big!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment