Sunday, December 8, 2013

O' Christmas Tree!

The Saturday after Thanksgiving we went to cut down our Christmas tree. This was the first time we had ever gone to cut the tree down and I loved everything about the experience. Our friends, Brent and Kim go to a place called Triadelphia Lake View Farm and they gave us the recommendation. We really liked the place and will most likely continue to go there in future years! (Thank you, Kennedy's!)

It was cold and Nolan was just getting over having a fever the day prior, but overall the day was a success. My sister, niece and nephew all went to the tree farm to get their tree too and so Nolan enjoyed playing with his cousins!

We ventured out to find the perfect tree only to realize when you go to cut down your own tree it seems near impossible to do just that, but we managed. Awhile standing and debating if indeed the tree we found was the chosen one, Nolan decided it was snack time. In other words, "snacks!!" "snacks!!" "snacks!!" Cue an angry 18 month old that still isn't feeling 100% better. And...yeah, the snacks were back at the car. So, Nolan and I went on a trek back to go get those stinkin' snacks. Needless to say, the child was perfectly content once he had them. When we got back, Alaina and Ryan were loading up Alaina's tree. Crap! I missed it!

When I got back I decided, yup that tree we were debating is absolutely beautiful, perfect, let's get it! So, I smiled and posed for pictures with Nolie awhile Ryan sawed it down. :)

That day was cold, but tolerable. The kids all got a kick out of watching the tree shaker machine and the binding. They also go to visit with Santa Claus at the tree farm! The tree farm was cute and such a fun family tradition that I am so happy we have started!

We're ready!







<3


My boys!

Snack tantrum is starting!

They found their tree!

I want snacks, NOW!


It's normal to let your toddler hold the saw...

Family!


Ha! Seemed appropriate :)

Goofballs!

But daddy, I like this one!

Ok, really the picture above was him asking for more snacks, and now he is shoving them in his mouth!


Sissy boo!

Sharing with everyone!

Ham!

Santa!

Nolan said no thanks

I wanted to do this for our Christmas card and got so excited when I saw it at the tree farm, but Nolan refused to sit in the car and for that reason I did not put the effort into doing it for our Christmas card either!




Our tree :)

And in the spirit of Christmas trees, my toddler activity is a felt Christmas tree. So easy, so cheap and so entertaining for your little one! I got all of the supplies at Michaels for under $10.

Supplies:
1 large 36x36 piece of green felt
1 8 1/2 x 11 piece of brown felt
Christmas/winter colored multipack felt 8 1/2 x 11

Fold large green felt in half and draw half of tree then cut while keeping the felt folded. Next get creative and cut out ornaments for your little one to place on their tree. Attach the brown piece of felt to the back of the tree. I used tape to attach it and it seems to be holding. Hang your tree on a wall or door and let your little one decorate! Merry Christmas!




Can you tell Nolan liked reaching to the top of the tree?



And lastly, a few pictures from today's (12/8/13) snowfall! Nolan's first time playing in snow!!! He loved the snow and thought they were bubbles. He especially liked making and throwing snowballs!











1 comment:

  1. Hi Tessa! I'm Heather and I was wondering if you would be willing to answer my question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com I would greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete