Sunday, June 10, 2018

Dear Nolan ~ SIX years old


Dear Nolan,

How are you already 6 years old? My sweet boy, you forever are the little one who made me a mommy and gave me the most rewarding title in the world. You have changed our lives for the absolute best and I can’t imagine our lives without you {AND your sister} in it.


For your birthday this year you wanted to eat at Red Robin (check), have your cousins sleepover (check), have a party at Play N' Learn (check), PJ Masks cake (check) and a DRONE (check). Your reaction to getting a drone may have been my favorite ever.

 Surprised Nolan and volunteered at lunch at his school!









You just completed your first year of kindergarten and you rocked it! Your report card was full of ‘4’s’ for exceeding requirements and “O’s” for outstanding. This doesn’t surprise us at all. You love to be challenged, thrive on outcome based activities and genuinely enjoy learning! You had an amazing school year and although there may be some change for this upcoming year, we have zero doubt that you will be a superstar at whatever school we send you too!

Nolan and Leena have been in class together since preschool 3's! and I just love how sweet every one of the 5th graders are to Kindergartners, Nolan was obsessed with Cecelia!!

Nolan and his amazing teachers! :)



You just completed your 6th season of baseball. Daddy and Coach Mark coached you and Tommy in the 7-8 league and they made the right choice to move you into that league. You had a blast and never wanted to leave after the practices and games. At 6 years old your baseball obsession holds strong.


My heart.


This past year you went on your 3rd Disney trip where you mastered the water slides, played basketball for the first time, ROCKED Kindergarten, had your first trip to the hospital :( , finally try more foods, and so much more. There were plenty of ups and downs, but we have loved every single second of watching you grow!






You are FOREVER my snugly little sweetheart. I can always count on getting the best cuddles from you, especially in the morning. You love to curl up on the couch with us and watch PJ Masks. You have always been a child of routine and at 6 years old I can say you still are. With routine and scheduling I must add how much you pay soooo much attention to detail. The things you remember ALWAYS amaze me. Throughout the school year I can rely on you to remind me if you have an out of uniform day, need bake sale money, or whatever else I may be forgetting.



If I had to guess I would say that this year you are most looking forward to losing your first tooth. We have been wiggling them for the past 8 months and I can finally say you have a pretty wiggly one! You are also determined that when you do lose a tooth you will catch the tooth fairy.


I am looking forward to moving in the upcoming weeks and finally giving you and your sister the yard you both deserve to run and play in. You are going to be beside yourself. I imagine you will be outside for hours jumping on your trampoline, playing baseball or running through your sprinkler. This year I want for you to embrace learning to swim, riding your bike and mastering the monkey bars.You have always been my cautious child (which I love), and so it excites us when we see you outside of your element and climbing a tree. Keep being adventurous and brave!


 

Every day you make me so proud and I am so very lucky that I get to be your mommy.
We love you so much, Nolan James!

Happy {six} birthday ! ! ! ! ! !
Love,
Mommy
xoxo 


Nolan's 6 year check up stats: 46.4 inches tall. He grew 3.1 inches this year and went from the 56% to 65% for height! He weighs 45.1 lbs (gained 5.5 lbs this year!) and is in the 45% for his weight! He's a healthy, happy boy who was super pumped at the doctor's office that he got the Nationals room! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment