Friday, July 27, 2012

Birthday and Pool Time

This week has been busy which is why I am just now posting. Ryan is working this week so I have had a mommy and Nolan week. It has been so much fun! On Tuesday it was Ryan's 28th birthday! Where has the time gone? I met him when he was 19 years old.

While Ryan was working Nolan and I went out shopping. We got his birthday cards, presents and some groceries. When we got home Nolan napped for me and it gave me time to make a peanut butter tandy cake and cake balls! For those that don't already know, my husbands hobby is to collect sports autographs, mainly baseball players. So, he went to batting practice for the Orioles to get autographs then came home. When he came home I had baked ziti waiting for him and we watched the O's game. It was a nice relaxing evening with the family.

This week was also a big week for Nolan! We took him to the pool for the very first time. We went to the pool with our friends Brent and Kim and their son, Colby. When we initially put Nolan's feet in the water he....screamed crying. He started to be ok with it the more we put his feet and legs in the water.

Overall, it has been such a fun week playing and cuddling with my little guy. Everyday gets better and better. He is such a happy boy and it melts my heart every time he looks at me and smiles. I still have a few more weeks left and I try not to think about it, but I am seriously dreading going back to work. :( Must. keep. playing. lottery.



Looking thrilled on his birthday...haha
Happy Birthday Daddy!!!


I took an ink pad and attempted getting Nolan's handprint on the card. Barely there but we did it!


Let's go to the pool!


Hey buddy! Colby was obsessed with Nolan's bathing suit and wouldn't stop staring at it, haha!


Reaction to his first time in the pool


Starting to enjoy the water a little bit


Then we gave him a mohawk and he was not too happy about it


This face says, "please take me home mommy!"


Hanging out with my lovebug


More play time!


Nolie pie ;)


pajama time!


He LOVES the monkey hanging on his car seat. It's so cute how happy he gets looking at it!



1 comment: