Monday, July 30, 2012

Nursery Tour

Welcome to Nolan's nursery! The thing I love the most about his nursery is that he has a crib set that no one else has. The reason for this is because...


The bedding was all made by one of my best friends, Callie. She made the sheet, bumper, bedskirt and window valance. Talk about talent!


Close up of the owl sheet. :) I was so excited when we found owl fabric with these colors!!


Polka dot window valance

 

Meet Aunt Callie! She is the very talented one who made his bedding! 

 

Aunt Callie and "Mr" Dylan when they came to the hospital to meet Nolan for the first time! Why is he called "Mr" Dylan? Because Dylan thinks it is too confusing for children when they have their actual aunts & uncles and friends called aunts & uncles. Therefore, Ryan and I have sarcastically named him "Mr" Dylan. 

Another view of Nolan's nursery


My attempt at being crafty. Owl fabris for a light switch cover.


I also made a lamp shade cover in the owl fabric.


Aunt Lainy made this for Nolan's room!


Matches perfectly in his room and so awesome for him to have with all his birth information!


Personalized owl clock


This little guy has so many clothes!


Basketball hoop hamper was a special touch added by his daddy ;)
 Aunt Callie also made Nolan this monkey blanket. She started making this blanket for him right after I told her I was pregnant. Seriously, she is so talented! The monkeys are stuffed and stick out. (I don't know if that makes sense) but it's something I have never seen before. Nolan loves his blankie!


Not related to the nursery: Ryan and I when pregnant with baby Nol posing for a picture with Gracie. She is Dylan and Callie's dog. We laughed because she sat there and posed so we call it our little family portrait.  

Yesterday we saw Dylan and Callie and reenacted the picture with Gracie! Nolan was sleeping otherwise I wanted to hold him by my stomach, but we didn't want to wake him up. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment