Sunday, July 15, 2012

Road trips

Nolan is quite the little traveler already. After a week full of visiting from Auntie Sue and Uncle John (on my husbands side of the family) we were packing up the car and heading to Pennsylvania for my cousins wedding.

This was Nolan's first time meeting some aunts, uncles and cousins on my side of the family. On the 2.5 hour drive our little guy slept the whole way! Actually it was really almost 4 hours in the car because of all the minor stops we had to make before actually getting on the road. We picked up my sister and went to the mall to exchange a pair of suit pants for a larger size because apparently as Ryan puts it, "has too much junk in the trunk" and is still "carrying his pregnancy weight". After the mall, back to our house we went because I forgot the camera! Then we picked up a pizza because we were all hungry, and set off to Pennsylvania!

The whole weekend Nolan was an angel. He barely even cried and just took in all the new faces and scenery. He attended his first wedding and although he slept through a good portion of it, Ryan and I got to dance with him. :)

The ride home went just as well as the ride to PA. When we got home I just wanted to cuddles my little boy because for the duration of the weekend I was mainly just Nolan's food supply. ;)

On Thursday we had Nolan's 1 month checkup. He is doing great! He is in the 98% for height and 70% for weight. He is so little I was surprised he is in the 70%, but I think it's because all the length he has to fill out!

Saturday - Nolan went to his very first Baltimore Orioles baseball game. He was decked out in his Orioles attire courtesy of Aunt Lainy. We used the baby bjorn and he was comfy and content! We got him a certificate for his first game. Although we left early, the O's won his first game. It went into extra innings and ended with a walkoff HR (we will just prevent we stayed for all that excitement). And here we are on the road again! We are currently headed to Cincinnati. Every anniversary my husband and I visit a different ballpark and this year we are going to the Great American Ballpark to watch the Reds! Nolan is now a part of our stadium tour tradition. Wish us luck for a great trip ahead! We are almost to the hotel now!!


Looking handsome in his tux onesie!


I love this picture :)


Family photo at the wedding



The newlyweds!



Some of the family enjoying our little man


Nolan's 1st Orioles game!!


and he likes the baby bjorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment