Sunday, August 12, 2012

Beach

Our latest adventure was going to the beach! It was a very short trip, but we got to put our toes in the sand. Nolan seemed to enjoy the sand! We had the perfect day to have a baby on the beach. It was cloudy and 80's! Most would be sad about a cloudy day, but we were definitely excited! Once again Nolan did great with the car ride and was a trooper. This time he had company in the backseat with him for the trip because his Aunt Lainy was with us!

After our day on the beach we met up with Uncle Ronnie and Aunt Michele! Ryan taught PE with Ron. Him and his wife retired at the end of the school year and are now living at the beach (jealous!). We had a great dinner at Cactus Cafe and had the most amazing fresh strawberries with an amaretto cream sauce for dessert. Yum! It is always a great time with them and I hope we can get back to the beach again soon to see them. I know that on Monday it is going to be hard for Ryan to go back to work and not have Ron there with him. I just PRAY that the new guy is somewhat decent because I know that no one is going to live up to Ron's standards and I am going to be the one that hears it everyday. C'mon new guy, please be a good teacher or at least have good stories!

We were only at the beach for 2 nights, but we made the best of our time there! I really was sad to come home and so was Nolan. The night we came home he was fussy about 80% of the evening! I like to think that he was just missing the beach like his mama.

On Friday we grabbed our list for daycare and went shopping. It is amazing how much stuff they need to go to daycare. We spent a nice chunk of money at good ole Target to get everything..I guess it is just preparing us for the payments to come! His daycare will start on August 27th. Thankfully grandma and grandpa are helping us out for the next 2 weeks and I will be working half days for those 2 weeks to ease back into everything. We are also very happy that Nolan will only be attending daycare 3 days of the week and the other 2 days he gets to go to a good friend of ours house!   

So yes tomorrow is the day. Tomorrow I go back to work. I seriously love my job, but I love my little boy a whole LOT more and there is not a single part of me that wants to go back or is happy about it. I am sad to say that I have not yet won the lottery and will be looking for my planner tonight. Thank goodness Nolan has his 2 month pediatrician appointment tomorrow at 11:30 so I will only be there for a few hours and then will be picking up my little munchkin! Although he gets another shot tomorrow...Mondays really do suck! Enough of my complaining and now it's time for some beach pictures!
Our little family (Ry take off the baby bjorn!)

Covering up the baby bjorn with the sleeping baby :)

Look who woke up!

First time touching the sand

Awake for the picture

Nolan and his Auntie

Loving the sand

Handsome

Alaina and I putting Nolan's footprints in the sand

How cute are they!

Sisters

Sleepy boy

This just melts my heart!

More pictures Ma?!


Sand!


Not a fan of the hole as a chair..lol

Family!

Love his little feet!



Please don't make me go to work on Monday! I just want to stay home with Nol baby! Pleaseeeee!!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOU!! And I love that little face!!! I promise you it does get better. Actually, not better you just accept the fact that you are doing what is best for your family! I will keep playing the lotto and promise to split it with you guys :) MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete