Sunday, August 26, 2012

Look what I found!


Nolan officially found his thumb this week. After a lot of sucking his whole hand, our hands and multiple fingers at one time, he has finally found his thumb. Although it was only for a short period of time he seemed content. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I am happy that he will be able to soothe himself, but at the same time the pacifier has been great and when he gets older we can at least take that away from him. Hm, I guess we have a lot of time and in reality Nolan is going to be the one to decide which one he likes more anyways. For now, watching him on the hunt for his thumb and finally finding it is not only entertaining but adorable.

This was my last week of half days at work. Tomorrow I have an 8 hour day... Oh. My. God. I have no idea how I am going to be tomorrow, after all it is Nolan's first day of daycare and it is my first day functioning without an afternoon nap. I think we are all ready for Monday. His backpack is packed and ready to go, his supplies are already there and now all I have to do is dread 8am when I drop him off. I know that he will be perfectly fine, but I wish more than anything that we were all lucky enough to be able to stay at home with our little munchkins. Someone told me that in other countries women get the full first year of the baby's life on maternity leave to be with them...and it's PAID! So basically I just live and work in the wrong country. A fear I have is not only that I will miss his important milestones (which they have already been instructed not to inform me of; my baby will have all his firsts on evenings and weekends with his mommy and daddy there to see it happen regardless of when they may have really happened) but also that I will not be able to keep up with breastfeeding. I plan to try my very best to provide it for him, but am scared it will be too difficult. Please wish me luck!

On a happier note we had another fun week! I am seriously picture crazy! I probably take way too many, but I really can't get enough of his little face. He is growing way too fast. He has recently out grown all of his 0-3 month clothing and pajamas. I have rearranged his drawers with 3 month and 3-6 month clothing. Nolan has quite the wardrobe and I am looking forward to dressing the handsome little rugrat in his next new batch of clothing.   Time for a photo dump, enjoy! :)

Afternoon tummy time session!

Nolan spent Monday, Tuesday and Friday with Grandma!

Watching the O's game on Pop Pop's lap!

Exhausted in the morning before going to Mrs. Ginnie's 

Nolan and his newest friend, David :)

A nap is a nap no matter where or how, haha

Play time!

Roxy is keeping guard - So. Cute.


Cheese!

They matched! I called them UCLA fans...

Evening walk with the family :)

It was exhausting..

Nolan's friend, Colby! I love that he sits in his carseat with his little legs crossed! :)

Handsome.
Ready to go to dinner for Aunt Kim's birthday!

Nolan and Colby playing after Kim's birthday dinner.

Colby wanted to eat Nolan..haha!

Being a ham for the camera.

Colby was very intrigued by Nolan. I happened to capture him with his finger in Nolan's mouth. I am sure that Nolan tried to eat it in response.

On Sunday we went to my dads house for a family dinner. We had spaghetti and meatballs/sausage and made my mom's sauce. It was delicious. Thanks Uncle Ryan for making the yummy dinner!

Nolan is always up for a cuddle session with his auntie. Also, thank you Aunt Lainy for making the yummy dinner!
I should have gotten a picture of Nolan and Pop Pop cheesing it up. My dad had Nol grinning from ear to ear. It was so ADORABLE!


No comments:

Post a Comment