Monday, February 11, 2013

A weekend full of friends...and then my heart melted.


Having fun playing at Aunt Ginnie's! 
This little guy is getting so big! 

On Friday, Nolan’s little daily sheet from daycare came home and said that Nolan is crawling! I guess he is finally starting to show off for everybody! Although, he still doesn't crawl on his knees. He just kind of pulls himself along with his arms. I think it’s cute!

Friday night Nolan and I met up with my friend and co-worker, Matt, and his adorable little girl, Phoebe, at the My Gym open house. Phoebe is about a month and a half older than Nolan. I sit next to Matt at work daily. The poor guy has had to put up with being surrounded by pregnant women and now baby talk since the day we discovered that both his wife and I were pregnant at the same time. He is a good sport though! I am the crazy, take a picture of every milestone lady and he is the if I have a camera nearby I’ll capture it (for Tessa) and if not it isn't the end of the world. I am fairly certain he thinks I am nuts. That’s alright though. Anyways, our babies had their first play date and Phoebe was the only one who came ready to play. Nolan was scared of Matt, overwhelmed by the amount of children and noise and pretty much only happy if I was holding him or when he was hanging out away from the crowds. The poor kid has a mommy and daddy who were super shy growing up and I can only imagine he will be the same way. Little Miss Phoebe on the other hand was exploring everything and happy as a clam. Adorable.



This picture sums up the night!



On Saturday, Nolan had his My Gym class again. At this class Ryan and I learned that those stupid gymnastics rings have traumatized our baby from enjoying the pleasant motion of the swings. We put him in the swing and no lie, he clenched his tiny little fists, squinted his eyes and shook. It was heartbreaking. I am so upset about ever having him go on those rings. We are taking a break from swinging and hopefully he will forget about it soon. I am looking forward to trips to the playground in the swing and would hate for Nolan to be scared of swinging. 


We met up with my 2 favorite pregos, their hubs and Quinners for lunch. Nolan ate more food than he ever has which resulted in him spitting up when we were about to leave. Parents of the year (insert sarcasm). Seriously though, he has finally started to like food which is great, but if it is in sight he wants it. The lunch was fun and it is crazy to think that it will probably be the last time we are all out to eat together for a very long time. I cannot wait to meet those little babies and kiss those baby cheeks!!  Saturday evening we relaxed at home and it was glorious. Nolan ate chicken with veggies for the first time. It looked like a tub of mustard. Ick!




I took Nolan to see his Pop Pop on Sunday. He played over there for a little bit and got to hang out with his cousins and show off how well he is standing. He stood for about 20 seconds this weekend and is learning to catch himself and stay balanced well. He will walk with his push toy, but we have to hold onto the toy otherwise it goes too fast for him on our hardwood floors.



We finished off the weekend meeting up with Aunt Kim, Uncle Brent and Colby at the gym. The boys went swimming and watched their daddy’s play basketball. Nolan was not too excited about the pool at first. Thankfully, Aunt Kim brought Nolan’s favorite toy with her to the pool, rings. After he grabbed one of them he was very content. It was great to get the boys together for a quick play date. Colby is cute as can be and was cruising all over the place. It is hard to believe that he will already be 1 next month! Watching Nolan and Colby play on the basketball court was fun. Nolan was cracking up whenever Ryan would dribble over to him. It is crazy to think that Nolan and Colby will eventually be playing sports together!


Nolan got a little battle wound :( He somehow got the tiniest little cut on his itty bitty pinky toe.


 
 Some other cute pictures:
Standing proudly!
Drinking from a sippy cup! So big!
Busted.

Then when I thought that it doesn't get any better...

                                           
2/11/13 Nolan said his first word. "Mama" and he said it a lot!!! Ryan was looking out the window with Nolan for me. They do this daily and it is the best feeling in the world to watch Nolan's face when he sees me coming home. I was still at work when he sent me a video of them looking out the window for me and then another video was sent to me "your heart is going to melt". I immediately clicked on the video, heard Nolan say "mama" and stormed out of work. He went from never even making the "mmmma" noise, to full on saying "mama"! Coming home and hearing him call me mama is the best feeling in the world! Yes, I shed a tear. What an amazing husband to capture that on video for me. I will forever cherish this moment and the feeling I felt when I first heard him say it to me.

1 comment:

  1. AHH! There is way too much cuteness in this post. And if it makes you feel any better, Quinn went through an "I don't like swings" phase too, but it was very short!

    Holy crap, I cannot believe Colby is almost 1.

    I have watched that video about 78 times today!

    Also, I miss Papa Grubb. Let's get together with him and some Coldstone lol

    ReplyDelete