Tuesday, February 5, 2013

What a weekend!

Nolan is officially 8 months old. Taking those monthly pictures has become quite a challenge. It seems that every time we go to take his picture he decides that he does not want too. In order to keep him semi-happy a “paci” (pacifier) is then put in his mouth. Then we snap a pile of pictures in hopes that maybe we catch 1 smile. Most of the pictures are now blurs because Nolan is a little wiggle worm these days (and because we can’t seem to locate our good camera!!). Then once the photo shoot is over the little stinker goes back to his happy self. I guess a modeling career is not in his cards. That’s ok, Nolie, we will stick to sports! J

We started off Saturday morning at My Gym. Nolan was a cranky little boy because he didn't fall asleep the night before until 9pm. He was too excited about the cupcake decorating going on in the kitchen and he didn't want to go to sleep. He still did well in the class, but was pretty attached to me (which I will be honest, I didn't mind it at all). He went in the ball pit and this week he actually crawled through the tunnel. He still seemed to enjoy the swings, but wasn't too fond of the slides or trampoline. I will also never put him on the rings with the teacher again. They swung him so fast, he had such fear in his eyes which made my heart sad. All I wanted to do was snatch him off of them so fast and I did. You would think that she wouldn't swing an 8 month old the same way she was swinging an 18 month old. I wish the baby that was in front of Nolan would not have been so uncooperative because then they would have gone first and we would have opted out. Aside from that, I still like the place but will just never put him on those again.






On Saturday, I had the pleasure of surprising my best friend with a baby sprinkle! Colleen was the mastermind behind the whole idea. After all the planning and prepping, we actually pulled it off! My sneakiest friend of all had no idea! :) What an accomplishment! Aun went shopping with her mom and Quinny on Saturday and we swooped in, decorated, set up and shuttled everyone to her house (thank you husbands!!) during that time. When they came home, Quinn appeared to be sleeping on Aun as she walked through the door. This may have been one of the quietest “surprise” shout ever, but Quinn quickly awoken and was happy to see a party before her eyes! Aun was showered with adorable gifts to help prepare for the arrival of baby Harper. Now we are just counting down the days until we get to meet her! Love you Aunnie!




Baby Lily!!! 
Look at those chubby little cheeks!!!

Sunday was a big day! We changed Nolan's car seat from the infant carrier to the convertible seat! I am going to love not having to carry the heavy seat around, but it is also kind of sad. 

Nolan's new ride


Ohhh yeah, and the Baltimore Ravens played against the 49ers on Super Bowl Sunday!!! Nolan stayed awake for the 1st quarter of the game and was able to watch (or had no interest and was just playing with his toys) part of his first Super Bowl. My dad and sister came over for the game. We made lasagna with my mom’s homemade sauce just like she used to for the big game! As I have done the past Sunday’s, once Nolan was asleep I put the Raven’s shirt and socks he was wearing on the table and faced his baby monitor at the t.v. as though he was still “watching” the game. I am not superstitious at all, am I? J The Raven’s came out ready to play but then during the 3rd quarter the lights went out at the Superdome in New Orleans and the 34 minute delay really threw their momentum. Talk about a heart attack! This game was down to the wire, but it fared well for Baltimore as they took the WIN 34-31! SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!! 


There were fireworks, loud cheers and car horns outside! Chuggins was going crazy barking from all the noise and Ryan and I just started at the monitor in hopes that Nol would not wake up. He slept through all the excitement! I informed him that the Ravens won on Monday morning. The parade was today and it looked awesome! Aunt Barb, looks like we won the bet!!! Baltimore is on a high!!!!!

A few more cute pictures! 


                       Baby Mohawk                      Messy face                             Nolie and I


Nolan eating a puff
Mommy taught me to shake things off my head! 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOU T$!!!! I will forever be so grateful to you guys for helping us get ready for Harper!!! AND OMG the puffs. I could die, he is too stinkin cute!!!!

    Ps. I LOVE his new car seat! I may get that one for my mom because she needs a new one badly!

    ReplyDelete