Thursday, June 27, 2013

Aquarium and a picnic!

"Ma, it's nap time, why am I not in my crib?"

 Thank you to Aunt Kim, Uncle Brent and Colby for the passes to spend the day with them at the Baltimore Aquarium! I love the flexibility that comes along with my job. I had to work a few hours on Saturday and so I was able to flex my schedule and work a half day last Thursday to go to the aquarium with everyone. It was a great day to be downtown. There was a nice breeze, and it was not too humid. We walked through the aquarium exhibits and watched the boys enjoy sleep through 80% of our trip. Thank goodness, these were free passes! Then we decided that we wanted to continue to enjoy the evening and great weather so we grabbed some dinner to have a picnic on top of Federal Hill.







Before we left the aquarium we had to see the dolphin show. I love the aquarium, especially the dolphin show! Colby woke up just in time for the show, but Nolan decided that he would sleep through it. The speaker during the show made note to explain that sometimes the dolphins can be lazy and at other times have a lot of energy. Well, I think she told us this because they were very lazy. They did a few cool tricks, but nothing too exciting. They are still beautiful, I lstill love them and I still wanted to jump into the tank and swim with them (take me back to Hawaii and the Riviera Maya!).




"You mean to tell me that I slept through the entire dolphin show and no one bothered to wake me up???"
Next stop, dinner! We picked up chipotle (gah!) and potbelly since it was right next to the aquarium and grabbed a blanket out of our car and had a picnic at the top of Federal Hill. It was a gorgeous evening to be outside. The boys loved it! We ate dinner, the boys played on the blanket, wrestled for puffs and yogurt melts and then played at the playground. Colby was adorable; he was excited for the playground and took off running. Nolan, not running nor walking yet was just as excited, but for the giant green ball we brought with us. He did not care about the playground. He only wanted to play with the ball. I swear we do not force this on him, but he is definitely our kid. He did ask to go on the swings! We were able to fit Nolan and Colby in the swing together and at this point our camera died, but thankfully Brent and Kim got some great pictures. 





This cracks me up! Please note Nolan is screaming for his puffs in the background...



Another hilarious photo! Ryan posing with Nolan and meanwhile Brent was in the background catching Colby from running down the hill!



Love.

And in the spirit of the upcoming holiday, Happy 4th of July and God Bless America! 

No comments:

Post a Comment