Monday, June 3, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday Nol Nol!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, I now present to you my one year old!
Just one year ago...
Where do I even begin about this past week, weekend, year? Nolan and I stopped over at Aunt Aunnie and Uncle Anth’s house last week to make Nolan’s birthday party shirt. Awhile, Aun and Anthony did all of the work, I played with the kids. Seriously, I apologize for literally inviting myself over; interrupting your dinner and watching you make a t-shirt. All I did for this shirt was present my idea and iron. I really owe the biggest thanks to both of them for making the cutest “UNO” shirt for my little boy. I can’t wait to see him wear it this Saturday! Leaving their house that evening, Aun was saying good bye to Nolan and making a fishy face at him. He spent the enire car ride home trying to make a fish face!

Aun and Anth hard at work awhile I stared at these 3 cutie pies!

Saturday came way too quickly, and what I mean by that is this entire year has flown by so fast. The birthday boy must have known it was his birthday as he excitedly woke up at 6:30AM on Saturday. Mommy and daddy were just as excited so instead of waiting for him to fall back to sleep we barged into his room to smother him in birthday kisses. For breakfast Nolan had yogurt and bananas, two of his favorites! Then he opened presents that family and friends had sent to him. He is so loved and we are so thankful to have such amazing people in our lives. I was so overwhelmed by the amount of text messages, facebook posts and phone calls received to wish Nolan a happy birthday. What a lucky little guy we have!

  
Nolan having fun with his new toys!

After Nolan played with his new toys he took a very long morning nap. I think this is because he woke up earlier than normal. Ryan used the time to cut the grass to set up his birthday present and I swear I did something important, but can’t seem to remember what I did. Errr..wait, I watched the season finale of Glee and straightened my hair. Surely, I must have done something else that seemed to be important too.

After Nolan ate lunch we went to our friend’s Colleen and Jason's daughter, Brenna’s 3rd birthday party! Nolan had a great time seeing his friends, playing with toys, splashing at the water table and eating his very own special cupcake. Thank you so much Colleen for the thoughtful birthday cupcake for Nolie! He enjoyed it so much and was really mad that he had to share it with me.
Mmmm..thank you so much for the cupcake Ms. Colleen!
When we got home from the party it was time to have a little family birthday party for Nolan at our house! Nolan played with his birthday present from mommy and daddy for quite some time! Aunt Lainy bought him a water table and so we knew we had to set that up right away. Nolan probably could have stayed outside splashing away all night until all the water was gone if we would have let him. He loves, loves, loves his new water table! Pop pop got him a Chuggington (Chuggins!) ride-on toy! Nolan’s feet don’t quite reach to push on his own yet, but he sure loved having us push him along. He has already started to figure out how to climb on and off of it and understands the concept of what he needs to do to move.


Nolan loves his birthday present! 
More presents! Spoiled little boy!
Having so much fun splashing!
And lastly, we ended the evening sing “Happy Birthday” to my big boy. The boy definitely has a sweet tooth. For someone who doesn’t enjoy food, he didn’t mind cupcakes at all. He would have eaten the entire thing if we let him. He was licking his fingers clean, he loved it so much!   

Initially he looked concerned
"Oh, wait this looks like what I got to taste earlier today.."
So proper!
"Gu-gee" (Chuggy)

I think he had fun! :) 
Nolie and Pop Pop!

Nol with Grandpa and Grandma!
Nolan and Aunt Lainy!

Finger licking good :)


Proud parents of our 1 year old!
Oh wait, the night ended with a bat. :)
When we took Nolan up to bed, he decided since it was his birthday he was going to show off more. He went around the room giving everyone kisses. Then he waved bye-bye to everyone and to our surprise he blew everyone kisses!! He had everyone in the room grinning with smiles.  
Happy birthday to my handsome 1 year old!!!!!!
The weekend wasn’t over yet, on Sunday we celebrated our friends, Jamie and Matt’s daughter, Lily, being baptized. Lily did so well at the baptism. I loved her outfit. It has been passed on throughout the entire family and had all of the names and dates of those who had worn it to be baptized. Jamie’s dad’s and both Jamie and her sister were baptized in it and now both of their children have been. I loved it!
Making fishy faces during Lily's baptism :)


Adorable little Lily is baptized! My baby skipped a nap and is now flailing out of my arms. Lily seemed concerned!

Our second attempt!

I am looking forward to this Saturday celebrating Nolan turning 1 with all our family and friends. I am praying the weather will be ok for Saturday because the party is taking place outdoors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment