Friday, May 31, 2013

Dear Nolan, tomorrow you turn 1!

The last picture I took of my "baby" because tomorrow he becomes a big boy! 
Dear Nolan,

My sweet baby, you become a big boy tomorrow. Wasn't it just yesterday that you were born? I will never forget hearing your cry for the very first time. I was holding your daddy's hand and looking straight into his eyes trying to gauge his reaction to seeing your first seconds here with us. They held you up for me to see you and I could not stop smiling and crying with excitement of meeting my baby boy for the first time. Now, here we are on the eve of your first birthday. One whole year has gone bye, but this is still just the very beginning.

In the past year we have both learned so much. You make your likes and dislikes very clear. You are a little sponge. You observe and take in everything.

At one year,
You love to stack toys
You love to throw your "ba" (ball) -- you pretty much play fetch with yourself
You love Chuggy and all dogs really
Climbing stairs is so much fun
Playing on mommy and daddy's bed is a daily must-do
We love when you give us kisses
You say "hello" on your telephone
Your favorite food is bananas
You have 2 teeth
Your favorite song is "It's Tricky" by Run DMC (or perhaps any song your lantern sings)
Your favorite words are "uh oh" and "ba" (ball)
This year you developed so many nicknames, Nolie, Nols, Nol Nol, No No, Nolie Polie, Nolie Canoli, Noller, Nolo and Bugaboo, to name a few ;)

You have had so many first, but there are still so many more to come. I look forward to watching you grow, learn and discover so many new things.

Although tomorrow you technically aren't a "baby" anymore, you my son, will always be my baby! You made me a mommy and it has been the biggest joy in my life. You are my everything, Nolan James.

I can't wait to hear your wake up call tomorrow morning, "mama"! I am looking forward to celebrating your big day tomorrow and am excited for your birthday party next Saturday. You are the sweetest little boy  in the entire world. Your smile can bring a smile to my face no matter what kind of day I have had. You remind me of what is important. Mommy and daddy love you so much!

Love,
Mommy

xoxo

p.s. - You had your blood work done today and you were a little champ. You cried and didn't want any piece of what was happening, but once it was over then you got over it rather quickly. I think I am a bigger wimp when it comes to giving blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment