Monday, July 22, 2013

Nolan’s First Sleepover

Ryan and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary on July 17th. Our tradition is to go to a different baseball stadium every year. Last year we went to Cincinnati with Nolan for the Reds game. This year we decided that we would have a weekend getaway and that Nolan would have his first sleepover.
On Friday night I dropped Nolan off with Aunt Lainy and put him to bed over there. I am pretty sure I rocked him for 40 minutes (Nolan does not let me rock him anymore, but when he is being cuddly I take full advantage) and smothered him in kisses during the entire process. I hung out over there a bit longer and then headed home to my completely empty house. Chuggins was at Grandma and Grandpa’s house, Nolan was at Aunt Lainy’s and Ryan was working at the golf course Friday night until 11PM. I did not like the quiet, nor the emptiness.
When Ryan came home we packed. Ok, we edited a video that my sister took of the kids playing earlier. I will upload it soon.
Anyways, we spent way too much time cracking up and making the video and then we finally packed for New York City. Nolan spent the night with Aunt Lainy on Friday because we were waking up at 5:30AM to go to NYC. I think we ended up leaving around 6AM on Saturday morning and got to Manhattan in time to walk around for a little bit before we got on the subway to go to Queens. Nolan wakes up religiously at 7AM. Of course, he woke up at 8AM on Saturday morning for Alaina. He is such a little stinker!
For our 4 year wedding anniversary we went to Citi Field to see the New York Mets play the Philadelphia Phillies. Sorry to my Pennsylvania family, but we cheered for the Mets on Saturday…and they won!
It was an extremely hot day and of course the game was at 1PM. We had purchased great tickets on the first base line about 15 rows off the field and we pretty much baked in the sun. The tickets game us access to a few different clubs though. We enjoyed a few innings of the game relaxing on a couch in the air conditioning eating lunch. Aside from the $12 soda, it was glorious.
Throughout the day my sister was awesome about updating us on Nolan and sending us pictures of him. It is funny how regardless of whether you are with your child or not, it seems you always end up talking about them 24-7, or in our case, watching a video of him dancing to the Harlem Shake.
When we got back from the game we checked into our hotel and freshened up. I had to take a shower because I think I had sweat off a solid 10 pounds during the baseball game. The first thing we did in New York was walk over to FAO Schwartz. I have been to NYC a few times, but never gone inside the toy store and really wanted to step on the big piano. I did just that (with about 6 small children in the same group with me…)! Then we walked throughout Central Park and reminisced about how the last time we were in Central Park it poured down rain on us and we ran all the way back to our hotel only to get there and see that my entire family had hopped into taxi cabs and made it back to the hotel dry.
After walking around, we were on a search to find a good place to go to dinner. We found a place like Fogo De Chao, but I can’t remember what it was called. I learned that I do not eat nearly enough meat for these places to be worth it for me, but it was so delicious. Then we walked over to Times Square for the evening.
Meanwhile, back home I was getting updates that Nolan learned to say “juice”, was a little piggy eating everything and enjoyed sitting on Pop Pop’s lap and having him read him books. Nolan had a great 2 nights away from us, and seeing his face when we pulled up the driveway was enough to melt your heart. He sure did miss his mama and dada. On Sunday night when we put Nolan to bed, he cried a little bit. He rarely ever does this, and if he does we leave him and he falls asleep in less than 2 minutes. This time he did not sound like he was going to calm down so I went into his room and rocked with him and right when I picked him up he nestled his little head on my shoulder and closed his eyes. I like to think that he just missed his mommy that much that he wanted some extra cuddles. I did not mind. I think know I dozed off with him for about 5 minutes before I laid him in his crib.
We had a great weekend away and we are so thankful for Alaina taking great care of our little munchkin and for Ryan’s parent’s taking care of our 4-legged son. We love you all and are so lucky that we were able to go away with such ease.
A few new things Nolan does that we think are adorable,
·         When Nol pushes his Chuggington or Mickey Mouse ride-on car he says “choo choo”
·         Ryan and I must yell at the dog too much because if Chug jumps up on his high chair or at really
           if he jumps up at all Nolan yells “down” repeatedly at him. Sorry Chugs!
·         If you ask Nolan if he wants to walk he will shake his head no at you.
·         If you ask Nolan anything that he does not want to do, he will shake his head no at you. 
           Stubborn child.
·         Say fishy to Nolan and he will make a fish face at you. Show him the fish flash card and he will   
           also make a fish face at you.
·         Nolan says hat and stresses the “t” at the end. Super cute!
·         When he eats and really likes something you get a lot of “mmm’s”
·         Nolan knows where his nose, belly and toes (and stinky feet) are!

I will upload pictures from our trip soon, but for now I have a birthday to focus on! Happy last birthday in your 20's baby!! That's right, Ryan turns 29 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment