Saturday, January 11, 2014

Mr. Personality

Nolan is seriously Mr. Personality these days and he is HILARIOUS! He knows he is funny and feeds into it whenever we laugh at what he is doing. He seriously has transformed from baby to KID. Thank goodness he likes to be rocked at night for a little bit before going to bed because other than that (and still wearing diapers and loving his pacifiers aka “mami’s”) I don’t know where my baby has gone!

Silly faces, cheesing for the camera and yelling “Ma….loaf” seem to really get us laughing. Thanks Ryan, for teaching him to yell the famous line, “Ma! The Meatloaf!” from Wedding Crashers at me. Thankfully he does NOT know the next line to that quote. Worst part (or funniest?) is that he will do it on his own. Speaking of things my wonderful hubby has taught our son to say...which are not always on purpose, would be that when Nolan drops something he says “oh, balls!” He is a copycat and we have to watch our mouths. Thankfully, I have realized that we I very rarely cuss so that is a good thing!
He correctly says cookie and Mickey now. They used to be “geeya”. Now Chuggins is the only GEEEEYA!! He is also, “Gee”, “Chug”, “Chug Choos”(learned from cousin, Lincoln always calling him that) and “Chuggy”. It’s funny, he can say Chuggy, but he will pretty much always call him Geeya. Now, the dogs name has basically been changed to Geeya because both Ryan and I call him by that too!
It's silly to put the blanket on the dog.

Nolan knows people. What I mean by that is he knows his families names and his little friends’ names. He will be playing and just stop and point to a picture with someone in it and say their name. After play dates with his friends he will normally yell their name and say where are you.

Growth spurt? Nolan stealing Aunt Ginnie's sandwich after eating his entire lunch.

On Thursday we had one of those moments when you just feel so proud of your child that you can't help but brag about it to everyone you know. Ryan calls me on his way home from school to picking up Nolan every day. It's a brief call mainly just to check in and say hello or what should we do for dinner. Well, when Ryan called me back again about 45 minutes later I answered the phone and just heard the pure joy in his voice. "You will not believe what your son just did!" So after a few random guesses, he told me that he counted to 10 on his own!!! Not only did he do it that one time, but when I came home from work he showed me how well he can count and I was able to capture it on video (although I was too slow and missed him saying 1). Not only did he count to 10 yesterday, but he also went back and forth with Ryan and counted to 20! Yes, that seems unreal, but I swear it happened and I don't care if you believe me or not. :) Such a proud mommy and daddy that our little guy can count to 10, knows almost all his ABC's (he skips E, F, G but knows the rest) and is starting to sing little songs with us!!

Watching your child's learning progress and development of a personality is so much fun!
Goofball.
Nolan loves shooting baskets from his trampoline.
Make it.
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment