Friday, January 17, 2014

Weekend Recaps

We have had a few very busy weekends full of birthday parties and a baby ‘sprinkle’. First, we celebrated one of Nolan’s best friends, Lily turning 1. She had an adorable Winter One-derland birthday party and Nolan had a blast. He pretty much played basketball the entire time. Frosty the Snowman came and made balloons and danced with the kids, but Nolan did not want anything to do with that. He pretty much said give me a balloon and keep it moving, Frosty. Ok, he obviously did not say that, but I know that was what he was thinking. Overall, it was a great day celebrating Lily with all our friends!


As I mentioned before, last weekend I threw Kim a surprise baby sprinkle for baby Carter! I was so happy to see how surprised Kim was. It is a feeling of success and such a relief once you scream “SURPRISE” and see both a smile and shock. It makes all the hard work that goes into throwing a surprise shower worth it once I saw how happy she was! I cannot wait to meet baby Carter!

On Saturday, Ryan and Nolan also went to our neighbor’s daughter’s 2nd birthday party. The party was at Pump It Up and based on the pictures and videos Ryan sent me throughout the party I could tell Nolan had a blast. He can officially climb up the inflatable slides on his own. He also looked like such a big boy sitting at the party table with all of the kids sipping out of a juice box. OMG HE IS A KID!
We ended Saturday evening going out to dinner at Tino's (side note, I wasn't even hungry because I had ate so much at the baby shower, but holy deliciousness I couldn't resist it was so good!) with my family to celebrate my brother's 30th birthday! All of the kids were so well behaved and ate like champs. Hayden took about 4 bites of her mac and cheese and was already requesting seconds. She wasn't kidding either because girlfriend chowed down on Nolan's once he was done. Lincoln even sat and finished every last bite of his ravioli before diving into cake. I was shocked that he didn't push it aside.

I absolutely love watching Nolan and his cousins when they are together. Those kids are so in love with their cousin, Nolie. And Nolie is so in love with them. He always asks for Hayden and Lincoln.

Saturday night when we went to bed Nolan requested we sing Happy Birthday to Olivia and Uncle Ry. :) Oh, and Nolan will sing Happy Birthday now and it may just be the cutest thing ever!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment