Friday, August 1, 2014

NYC / Turning 30

Do you ever type something up and think you have hit save but only to find out that you didn’t? Well, this is why it has taken me so long to post anything on the blog. I wrote a post about our anniversary trip to NYC this year and was saddened to find out that I didn’t actually save it.

Let me try to recap this all over, again.

Back on July 17, 2009 Ryan and I got married in our church and then had our reception at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. It was the perfect location for us. Since then we decided that every year on our anniversary we would visit a different ballpark and make it our goal to visit everyone of them, together. Prior to getting married we had already visited a few of them together (Ryan likes to count them, but I think we should visit them again as a married couple to count them). This year we headed back to New York to see Yankee Stadium.

Anyone and everyone that knows us, knows that we are very, very, very far from being Yankees fans, but spending a night in Manhattan and checking out the stadium really did not seem like that bad of an idea.

My sister agreed to watch Nolan for us from Friday – Sunday. Friday night we went out on a double date with the Jackson’s and had dinner and a movie. Let me just tell you, I have not been to the movies since May 22, 2012. Why do I remember the date? Because Ryan and I went to see What to Expect when you are Expecting on Nolan’s due date (worst idea ever). Anyways, being that it had been over 2 years, I was counting dow nthe days until I would sit in the theater and chow down on that movie theater popcorn. Well, I did just that. We saw 22 Jump Street and laughed our butts off. It was a great way to kick start the anniversary weekend.

On Saturday morning we left bright and early and headed to Manhattan. We walked around the city for a little bit and then we hopped on the subway and headed to the Bronx for the 1:00pm Yankees game. The weather was gorgeous. For mid-July we were lucky to have a breeze. We walked around the stadium, missed out on Monument Park because it was already closed by the time we got there and then watch the Yankees crush the Reds (unfortu nately).

My other favorite thing to do when we go to a new ballpark is check out their signature foods. It appeared that a Nathan’s hot dog may have been the big thing. We both opted for something different. Instead we tried pork nachos and garlic cheese fries. Both were interesting and delicious.

FaceTime with our little bugaboo!

After a subway ride back into Manhattan, we got checked into our hotel and ready for a night out. We walked around for what seemed like over an hour looking for a place to eat (seriously, we were in NYC and there were 291381 places to eat, why can we never make decisions?!?) only to end up in a pizza shop. We got some NY pizza and delicious sangria and then walked down to the Hudson pier where 311 was having a concert that night. We did not have tickets, but like the other 30+ people, we sat in the park outside the pier and listened and enjoyed.

Crazy lady walking a chicken. And carrying another chicken.

It was a great weekend getaway and I am thankful for my sister taking great care of Nolan and allowing us to get away for a few days! :) As sad as it is to leave Nolan overnight I know that it is good for both him and Ryan and I. Besides, coming home and seeing the happiness on his face may be the best thing ever.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy 30th!

And then before we knew it, Ryan turned 30!!

I think he had a great birthday. Nolan and I got him a rocking chair and we spend his birthday at the Bowie Baysox minor league game. Seriously, I am really starting to realize we go to a lot of baseball games.The best part, Nolan loves them!

In line to run the bases!

On Saturday evening we had a cookout at our house to celebrate the old man. I don’t think the night could have gone any mor eperfectly. It really was a wonderful evening spent with family and our dear friends! There was a chaotic mess of toys everywhere you walked which was a sign that the kids were playing hard. There were hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, food for days, beers in hands and a delicious cake. The weather was great and I have never seen our backyard so jam packed. The little ones partied just as hard and Ryan seemed so thankful for everyone that came out and celebrated with us!

I started dating him when he was 19 and now he’s 30. I have been with him for 11 years and although there are times I cannot stand the guy,nevery ounce of me loves him and will always be in love with him. Cheers to your 30’s, babe!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment