Saturday, September 10, 2016

Sunset Beach

We went on vacation!!! ....over a month ago. We went on our annual family trip to Sunset Beach in North Carolina and it was Madelyn's first beach trip. She did great and loved every bit of vacation, just like the rest of us. Before we set off, Aunt Barb flew in for a visit and she met Maddie for the very first time!

 

Traveling 8 hours in the car with an almost 3 month old was actually surprisingly not bad. We had pit stops for diaper changes and feedings, but also having a 4 year old I think most of those stops were for the better so he could go to the bathroom and stretch out his legs!

We didn't know how Maddie would do sleeping in the pack n' play but girlfriend did not disappoint. She was still an amazing sleeper then (now, not as much). I envisioned being up every few hours with her, but that was not the case! She would sleep all night, vacation was so great!

Aside from our very first day at the beach which resulted in my taking a trip to the pharmacy for an antibiotic (thank goodness they kick in so fast) and the beach being so windy a few days that cause our 10x10 canopy to snap, all was well.

Next year should be even better as we extended the invite to the Grubb family and majority of the crew has already committed to tagging along! Woohoo!!


























*****I have a million more pictures on my phone that I will upload once I dump them to my computer.*****

No comments:

Post a Comment