Saturday, September 22, 2012

Makeover!

My blog got a makeover!!! Thank you to my bestie, Aun! Check out and follow her blog, My Attempt at Motherhood! The adorable little girl you will get to see pictures of is my goddaughter, Quinn. :)
Friday was a fun filled evening! We went to dinner with the Hastings and then back to their house so that Aun and I could bake cupcakes for Colleen's baby shower! She is having a little boy, Brody, in October! For the icing we made Betty's butter cream icing. It is amazing! I stumbled across her YouTube video about a year ago when making cupcakes for Callie's bridal shower and now I make this butter cream icing whenever we are making cupcakes for showers and parties. It's so simple and tastes delicious. The cupcakes turned out really cute for the baby shower, they were simple with blue icing and Aun made cute little polka dot flags to stick in them! I wish I had taken a picture of them.
(Cupcakes for Callie's bridal shower, Sept. 2011)
Making the cupcakes really got me in the mood to bake. Sunday evening after Nolan went to bed I decided to bake cupcakes as an excuse to use my cake decorating kit again. Awhile the cupcakes were in the oven, I whipped up a batch of Betty's. I decided to make the icing purple (Go Ravens!), then I decided to get really fancy and added sprinkles to the icing. Ok it really wasn't fancy, it was dumb. The sole purpose of sprinkles is for sprinkling over stuff, duh! So I added my now sprinkled butter cream to the cupcakes and apparently my cupcakes were not cooled all the way and the icing started to melt. Oops!
I swear Colleen's baby shower cupcakes were cute!
 
Ry was off work Monday and Tuesday and got to stay home with the boy. On Monday morning Ryan was spit up all over. On Tuesday afternoon Nolan was wearing a different outfit then when I left him that morning. This is because Nolan not only peed, but pooped everywhere …including all over Ryan. He’s such a good boy!  
 
This week has actually flown on by, and we have an extremely busy weekend full of birthday parties ahead.
 
Nolan and David hanging out

My company during middle of the night feedings :)

New Sunday morning routine: Walking to the grocery store with Nolan in the baby bjorn. We get our grocery shopping done early in the morning. The store is quiet and there aren’t any deli lines! Nolan enjoys the walk and loves to look all around in the grocery store. Every Sunday morning we also say hello to Ms. Carol. We play softball with her on Wednesday evenings and she works in the bakery at our grocery store. Hopefully, Nolan brightens her Sunday mornings at work. J

Stumbled across this bad boy this week. HAHA! That would be my sister and brother!
 

Little "yo" boy losing he pants

Watching the Bama game with his auntie

My adorable pregnant friends, Colleen and Aun :)

We had to get Brody a Ravens jersey!

Nolan with his cousin, Hayden

:)
 
Ryan's cousin Brandi gave Nolan an ADORABLE longhorns outfit!

Playing with his buddy at Ms. Ginnie's. Being so big in theexersaucer!

Our neighbors gave us their daughters bouncey exersaucer to use! Nolan LOVES it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment