Monday, October 29, 2012

Baptism

This weekend was Nolan's baptism. It was a perfect day and he is loved and adored by so many. We had family from out of town make the trip to see him and share in the celebration. Leading up to this weekend Nolan had a fabulous week at daycare and Ms. Ginnie's! He finally rolled over for Ms. Ginnie and was full of his squeals.

Rolling over for Ms. Ginnie!
 
My sister, Alaina came over on Saturday and helped me with running around to the stores to pick up some last minute things we needed for the baptism. She was also with me when I picked up my awesome (insert sarcasm) cake. I was not pleased with it at all, but at least it tasted good. I sent an email to the bakery and they were nice enough to respond that I am able to get a gift certificate for a cake of the same value. At least Nolan's first birthday cake is paid for, but the question is will they get the order right?? Anyways, Alaina was more than a huge help. She not only ran around with me, entertained Nolan and helped bake cupcakes, along with making her famous spinach dip. She also got Nolan a beautiful cross that we had blessed at the church on Sunday for his bedroom. She is such a great godmommy! I love you sissy boo and am SO thankful for you!

Cuddles with his Auntie!

Saturday my brother and his kiddies came over for a little bit. We got to meet his "friend" (as he puts it), Lisa. She was super nice and a huge upgrade from his past. I really hope he keeps her around! My brother was also a very huge help in prepping for the baptism. He contributed delicious food that went very quickly on Sunday.

On Saturday, Aunt Peggy, Uncle Mark and Aunt JoAnne all came down from PA to spend the day helping us prepare for Nol Nol's baptism. They were a huge help and the evening was followed with a delicious steak dinner! Of all the food we served on Sunday, I really don't feel like I made any of it! Everyone was so helpful. I am wondering what I spent Saturday doing because as much as I feel I was running around, I really have no idea... :-/

Saturday Nolan even got to show off his newly learned skill of sitting on his own. He also showed everyone how well he can roll over, and how ticklish he is. :)

Sunday was Nolan's baptism. We are so thankful for all the family and friends that came and shared the day with him. Especially to have ventured out knowing that hurricane Sandy was on her way. The weather held off and we had a great day for Nolie. Although my dad was at home because he was sick we know that he missed not getting to be there for Nol's baptism. I hope you are feeling better Pop Pop! We love you!!
 

It is events like this, where we have all the family and friends come together that I really, really, really miss my mom. I hate you cancer. She was always the life of the party and not having her physically with us at these things really makes me sad. I know that she is still here with us and watching over all of us. If only she was able to hold my little boy just once. Don't worry though, Nolan James is going to know his grammy! That is something you can count on.

Thanks to hurricane Sandy, there is no work today or tomorrow! Stay safe everyone and enjoy the extra family time.

 
Nolan spent the day with Quinn on Friday! Thanks to Ms. Susy for taking care of Nolie!

Oh dear, the cake... just a little off center, right? Carol came to the rescue and gave me these sugar flowers to take away from the off center cross!


Two of the most adorable girls I know, Taylor and Kendal with Nol Nol! :)


Dylan looking like a pro at this, with Callie! Can't wait for March when they become parents!!

Dylan is thinking, stop with the pictures and take back your baby already!


Me and my boy!

Alaina and I made these cupcakes :) I think we should start a business, just saying!

 
With Nolan's godparents :)


Our little family <3

Te he!

I love kissing this face.

So big!

1 comment:

  1. HE IS TOO STINKIN CUTE!!! My goodness! Everything was so beautiful, it was such a great day!! You are a lucky lady :)

    ReplyDelete