Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Birthday

10/11/12~

This week was my birthday! I received my first mommy card from Nolan and he did an excellent job picking out my birthday gift. I got a Keurig!! This was very thoughtful of the munchkin considering that I now function on coffee whereas before Nolan would only have a cup every once and awhile. Once and awhile meaning maybe once a month..not once a day! Oh well, I love it!

On my birthday I worked a half day and then picked up the boy to have an afternoon full of play and snuggles! When Ry got home we went out for a senior citizens dinner. I say that because it was around 5pm, and we were pretty much the only ones in the restaurant. The host actually told us to "enjoy our lunch", ha! We were early, but not thatttt early. My, how birthdays have changed! :) We enjoyed our early bird meal at red robin and got home in plenty of time to play with Nol Nol, give him a bath and do his bedtime routine which had him asleep by 8pm. Successful birthday indeed, and that night Ry surprised me with my favorite cake, ice cream cake!! Anddd lets not forget, that night the orioles won game 4 of the ALDS playoffs! (Unfortunately the lost game 5) :(

Friday night we went to the aquarium. I am the brilliant one who decided to buy tickets without looking at the playoff schedule. Our tickets were for 5:15pm entrance to the Baltimore Aquarium. Game 5 was at 5:07pm....oops! For those of you that don't know this already, the aquarium has a Friday after 5pm deal and tickets are only $12 for adults!!! That is such a great deal, I think they are almost $30 any other time. Nolan likes loves looking through the tanks at all the different fish. I know what we will be doing throughout the winter! Also, in case you were wondering..yes, we came home to watch the end of the baseball game. It was not the result we wanted though...


 Nolan would follow the fish and turtles in the tanks!
 

On Saturday night we went to a Japanese steakhouse with 2 of my favorite pregnant couples! I am so excited to say that in addition to Aun & Anth and Jamie & Matt, Callie &Dylan are expecting their first child on March 26th! I could not be more excited for them and I am so excited for the massive amount of baby play dates that are in our future!

Today Nolan had his 4 month checkup and although I am so sad to have had to miss it, I love hearing his baby stats! Nolan is currently measuring 26.8 inches tall (91%) and weighs 14 lbs, 12 ozs (23%). I was a little alarmed when I saw his weight was so low, but the pediatrician said that he is a healthy little boy and there isn't anything to be worried about. He doesn't look like a skinny mini, but apparently he is! Tonight we also met our friends, Stephanie and Steven at Ledo's for a delicious dinner. Steven got to meet Nolan for the first time and Stephanie got her cuddles! Nolan was a little cranky from having shots earlier and missing his afternoon nap, but he still had us all smiling as we watched him yawn (a lot) and coo. :)

 
Orioles Magic! Such an amazing season!

 
I am in love with this picture. My little man just chillin' at Ms. Ginnies!

Nolan hanging out with his cousin, William!

Full concentration on the discovery of his toes!
 
Big boy holding his own bottle!

Aunt Barb may be in California, but Nolan still shows his love!

Laying on the table at his 4 month checkup and still happy, even after having 2 shots!

Nolan with Stephanie and Steven! Nolan was a little bit exhausted ;)

 
 

2 comments:

  1. OMG the picture of him in that chair! I LOVE! ps. your complete fail of a friend promises your gift this weekend. I blame Quinn.

    Ps. I just looked through Quinn's stats and she was only 13 lbs 7 oz and 25 inches! Tall and skinny little nuggets we have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know I love that picture!! Quinny was (and still is) soo teeny tiny! The nurse was trying to get Nolan to 15 lbs and that was not happening. lol

    ReplyDelete