Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Snow Day?

Today we were supposed to get slammed with snow. Schools were closed and so Ryan was home with Nolan. My office was not closed, but I opted to work from home because Ryan made me it was supposed to get bad . It rained...

Anyways, working from home is just what I did for most of the day awhile Ryan played with, napped with and took care of baby boy. I managed to get some hugs, kisses and giggles in with Nolan throughout the day though. I must say it was very nice to work from home in my comfy sweats snuggled under a blanket. I actually got a good amount done too, bonus!

This evening we went to Ledo's for dinner and met the Kennedy's! At dinner we talked about how tomorrow is Colby's 1st birthday! Umm, when did this happen? How has a year already gone by?? This all was just way too quick! My first question to Kim was "are you going to cry tomorrow?" to which her response was "I'm going to cry right now!" I am right there with ya, mama! 

After talking about all the anticipation of Colby's birthday party and the smash cake excitement to be had, we then got into how just 1 year ago we were anxiously awaiting Colby's debut into the world. We talked about Kim's extremely long labor (pain med free, way to go Kim!), my jealousy for her actually going into labor and being 10 days early! This of course led into talking about my stubborn little guy's arrival and was followed up with how so many of our friends have had or are close to having babies! These birthday parties are going to be packed with kiddies and that is so exciting! I am really looking forward to celebrating Colby's first birthday on Saturday and can't wait to see him indulge in his cake!

Oh and all that talking tonight.....holy baby fever! 

......But don't worry, haha! We aren't ready for number two any time soon! Nolan is enough to occupy my fever. :)

Too bad I look a mess and scary, but I love our tongues out picture! 
Playing today Nolan crawled under his table, was stuck and kept saying "uh oh"..silly boy!
Ry and Nol have the same blank stare going on in the picture on the right!

Passed out after his day home with mommy & daddy and his dinner date with the Kennedy's!

Nolan is learning to give kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment