Friday, March 1, 2013

Dear Nolan - Happy 9 Months


Dear Nolan,
Happy 9 Months!

Yes, you turned 9 months old today! You are a little sponge taking everything in and learning so much. This past month you finally learned to crawl, sit up on your own and pull yourself up on furniture to standing. We still have not bought baby gates, but we decided that you are finally moving around enough that it is time. Before bedtime we play upstairs in your nursery. You can now climb up your play slide and will proceed to go down it face first. You love when daddy reads you bedtime stories before bed. You sleep from 7:30PM-7AM. In the mornings, you wake up and sit up in your crib and will talk to yourself. I love coming into your room in the mornings to get you and see your little face light up with a smile. Sometimes you even start to clap, you get so excited.
When we are in the car you are talking and if you stop talking that normally means you have taken your paci, put it in your mouth and put yourself to sleep. You will also do this in your crib at night or in the early mornings sometimes if you wake up.
You still don’t have any teeth. You are getting smart with your food because when we feed you dinner you don’t want your chicken or veggies, but would rather we skip straight to the fruit.  We have tried to give you real food a few times, but you are not a fan of the different texture (at least that’s what I think it is).  When I was pregnant with you I craved tomato sauce, craved it. Like, I wanted to drink it straight from the jar. Needless to say, your daddy and I ate a lot of spaghetti and tomato soup during those months. Last night you were staring at my dinner and so I let you taste some tomato sauce. You LOVED it. You were bouncing and smacking your hands for more. After every bite, you would smile. I think there is a correlation. If you hurry up and get some teeth we can start to give you pasta.   
It’s hard to say what your favorite toy is because you will play with everything. You still love links, but are starting to love balls just as much. You roll the ball back and forth to us and we love it. We are teaching you how to throw the ball, but I think we are going to quickly regret that one. You love to watch your daddy dribble. Your daddy is working hard on getting your backyard ready for you to play this summer. He has already picked out a slide he wants to get for you.
You can say “mama”, “dada” and everyone will think I am a crazy parent for saying this, but “chuggins” and “uh oh”. If we ask you where Chuggins is, you will look at Chuggins and say his name as best as you can. If you drop something you will say “uh oh!” I am trying to teach you some baby sign language. We are working on milk, more and eat. I am also hoping to teach you drink, thank you and I love you.
We are starting to plan your first birthday party which is just crazy. I can not believe how soon you will be a 1 year old. I am soaking in every minute because you are just growing way too fast.    

I love you baby.

XOXO,
-Mommy

Nolan smiling at Chuggy

Smiles before bedtime

3.1.13


No comments:

Post a Comment