Thursday, March 28, 2013

Bargain shopper!

If you know me, you know I love a SALE. You can blame all things shopping and sale related on my mom. Anyways, more specifically, I love yard sales. Now I have to admit, 9 times out of 10 I will go to one and I don’t buy a single thing because let’s face it, everything is usually junk. Then there is always that 1 ticket item that you find, haggle for and come home giddy with. This one item is what keeps you going back to more. No? Just me? Even though I normally come home disappointed, I really do enjoy it!

Now that I have a baby, I feel as though I am going to find a million more “ticket items”. Everyone sells baby/kid stuff because as sad as it is, they grow up. I stumbled across the mother load of children’s yard sales last weekend. I dragged my sister along with me; this was easy to do…I told her Nolan would be coming. And we walked away with this….

Jackpot!
What you see pictured:
I spent $1 on the mini bead maze.
For the wooden pull toy I spent $3 (haggled from $5 and retails for $17). This toy is adorable! The animals each have 3 pieces and are also a puzzle.
My most exciting find on the day was a brand new Baby Jogger console! We recently purchased the City Mini (after begging Ryan since we returned from Disney in the beginning of December) and we were going to buy the console. The console retails for $30. They had a $10 sticker on it and I haggled and got it for $8!
(We finally got the City Mini!) 

Activity Cube retails for $59.99, they marked it $30, I worked my magic again and purchased this for $20. The lady selling this was pretty funny. She informed my sister and I that these things “really do make your baby smart”. While I don’t disagree, it was funny to watch how serious she was about it when selling it to us! Nolan you better become a baby genius now!

Lastly, my other very exciting find on the day was the Snail RockABye rocker! 



These bad boys retail for $140! I really wanted to get Nolan “Homer” for his birthday, but I couldn’t walk by this deal. Our snail is now named Homer! They had a sticker on the snail for $10! I tried to keep my calm as I stood there very puzzled as to why no one had bought it yet! Homer did have a few stains which started to discourage me. Alaina told me to haggle again, and we would use stain remover and disinfect the crap out of it. I bought this for $8! The stains have all been removed and Homer is a new addition to the toy collection.
Aw, Homer! I love you, but you are not $8. 

My findings on the day cost me $40! Can you believe that? Yes, they were pre-owned. Yes, I am a germaphob and yes, I was skeptical, but heck yes, I will be doing this more often! The console alone would have been $30 that I was going to spend that weekend. I managed to buy that plus all those goodies for only $10 more! Everything has been scrubbed down and disinfected and it is all as good as new!
  
Nolan and Aunt Lainy after we found all these wonderful items! We stopped by and saw Ryan at the golf course and he made us all lunch! 



Pop Pop and his grandchildren!

And let's not forget about the snow day we had this past Monday. Yes, it is 1 week away from April and we had a snow day. Brr! Ryan had to work, but I got to spend my day with these two!

The inner child in me decided that Nolan should go sledding too....but I hate being cold. Therefore, we had an indoor sledding session! Nolan loved it!

Oh, and not 1 but both of his bottom front teeth are coming in! 





  

No comments:

Post a Comment