Thursday, May 2, 2013

It's about that time to start planning a birthday party!

My Aunt Barb flew in to Maryland on Saturday from California. She lives in Santa Cruz which is about an hour from San Francisco. She is a San Francisco 49er’s fan. This is what Nolan and I wore to pick her up from the airport.

We dug up Nolan's 3-6 month Raven's jersey! It was not snapped, but it served it's purpose! :)
Saturday evening was so fun! My whole family came over and my cousin, Drew and his son came for dinner as well. The kids took advantage of us finally having grass in the backyard. It is amazing how much larger having a backyard made our house feel. The kids were outside for literally the entire evening- running, laughing, blowing bubbles, having so much fun!

  
The kids are all enjoying Nolan's toys! Nolan was sound asleep at this point and it was too dark outside so the kids came inside to play.
Yesterday Nolan turned 11 months! What? Yes, you heard correctly..11 months old! I decided it was finally time to really start planning Nolan’s first birthday party, and so I made some invitations and actually ordered them! (Just recieved an email that they have shipped, woo hoo!) Then I decided I would look at the 5490312389101299 pictures we took of Nolan in the past 11 months. Well, 5490312389101299 is A LOT of pictures and it takes a long time to go through so many pictures and decide on what pictures I want to have at his party. So I clicked away and created an album that I would upload to Costco to have printed. Yeah, I had “narrowed” it down to well over 100 pictures. But hey, from the 5490312389101299 that’s not too bad! Anyways, I have to narrow it down a lot more. Looking back at Nolan’s infant pictures really puts into perspective just how much our babies change and grow in just 1 year. Wow. My baby boy sure is turning into a little toddler fast.
And so the first birthday party planning is officially underway! I set my goal to have the invitations in the mail by next Tuesday. Also, some most may think I am going over the top for a “party that he won’t even remember", but as I told Ryan this is his golden birthday (cue laughs) and in all seriousness, I blame Pinterest. I have all kinds of projects pinned and ideas in my head, but who knows if I will even do all of them or even 1 of them. If I do I really hope my Pinterest projects don’t make the Top 10 Pinterest fails list.       
Cool dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment