Monday, May 20, 2013

Welcome Baby Blake, Happy Bday Mom & Congrats to Sarah!

I am going to start off with big congratulations to Nicola, Adam and big brother Jackson on the birth of their son, Blake Alexander! He was born on Wednesday, May 15th and weighed in at 7 lbs 10 ozs. of perfection. I was lucky enough to meet baby Blake last week and just sat there staring at his wrinkly, squishy newborn adorable little baby-ness (Yes, I made up that word). When Nicola’s son, Jackson found out I was having Nolan he was so excited for a “brother-cousin”. We could not be more excited to welcome another “brother-cousin” into our little family. ;)
Meeting Baby Blake for the first time :) 
He is so handsome! Love him! 

Friday was my mom’s birthday. I knew that once her birthday would come around I wanted to go and visit her grave. It had been 2 years since my mom’s passing and I had never been to see it. Going to see her grave just makes it a reality that she is not physically here and that has not been something I have been willing to accept. I am still not willing to accept it even though I know that she is looking down on all of us each day. Friday was difficult because as much as I wanted to go and instill a new tradition of having Nolan visit her every birthday to bring her flowers, I still didn't feel ready. I mustered up the courage and tears later I was finally standing there staring down at her beautiful stone, holding Nolan and celebrating her birthday.
Visiting my mom for the first time on her birthday. 

This past weekend was probably the first weekend I spent so much time away from Nolan. I worked our Wine in the Woods festival on Saturday, all day Sunday and Saturday night my friend Sarah married her now hubby, Chris! It was a long weekend, but it was a great one. I am so happy to have been able to share in the celebration of Sarah’s wedding day! She was an absolutely stunning bride and you could tell she was just so happy. Congrats to Mr. & Mrs. Heston on your marriage! 
Wine in the Woods! This is where I spent my weekend! 

Here comes the bride! So beautiful, so happy, such a wonderful evening celebrating Sarah and Chris! Love you Sarah!!!!

Married!!!!!!

I wish this was closer up because it is the Father/Daughter dance and it was adorable! 


The groom! Sarah informed Heather and I that he's shy 15 minutes prior to me taking this photo..umm? I'm not buying it.

Me and the Hubs, he acts like he loves me when he has a few drinks in him! ;)
Hubby got called Jim Halpert again at the wedding!

Me and my love, Heather!!

This just makes me laugh!

I owe the biggest thanks to my sister. Alaina babysat Nolan on Saturday night, she worked on Sunday morning from 4AM-12:30PM then came home to Ryan dropping off Nolan for her to babysit until about 7PM!! Being that she probably had about 3 hours of sleep on Saturday night (or Sunday morning technically), I pretty much owe her for life! Thank you sooo much sissy boo, I love you! I am also so excited that in the time Nolan spent with her, it seems he learned to say Lainy! Yay!
Nolan playing with Aunt Lainy. Saying "hello" on his "phone" :)

Picking up Nolan on Sunday evening was quite possibly one of my favorite moments to date. Nolan went to the door when we were walking up the front steps and as soon as he saw us there was instantaneously the largest smile across his face. He was giggling and squealing with so much excitement. He hugged me and held on to me so tightly when I picked him up. 

Trying to get a picture with Nolie before putting him to bed on Sunday night...he wasn't having it though...

And lastly, we are just 2 weeks away from Nolan turning 1 year old. Party projects are in full effect! :) 

A few more cute pictures from this past week...


Our little baseball player! 
   
He loves swings! So glad the whole My Gym debacle is behind us!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment