Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

3- day weekends mean an extra day with this cutie! What could be better?



Let me start off by saying how big Nolan is getting. Seriously. He is looking older and older by the day. This week we have been working on feeding himself with a spoon. Nolan does the best in the morning with oatmeal. He is stubborn and once he is given the spoon there is no getting it back from him. At dinner he wants to feed himself with the spoon too, but at dinner he also doesn't want to eat every time. This results in playing with his food and then having a minor meltdown because I have to literally peel the spoon out of his hand (or we each have to have a spoon). We are still working on liking food. He does have certain foods that he loves (bananas) and he is far too smart because if we try to mix stuff up on his tray he will pick out what he wants.
Lefty!?!?!? :)

Friday night we went to the Bowie Baysox game so that Ryan could get a mystery bobblehead. After a lot of hype, I ended up with a radio host, Elliot. Ryan and our friend Phil managed to get some Orioles pitchers. I jokingly asked somebody if they wanted to trade with me. At first the man laughed and said "no thanks" but then he stopped me and said, "actually, yes I already have this one" and he handed me Jake Arrieta! You are very welcome, Ryan. 

Nolan road on the merri-go-round for the first time, but wasn't too thrilled. He also got a ball and an autograph from Zach Clark's (Zach is actually one of my besties, Jamie's, sister Megs' brother-in-law! Follow? It's awesome!!)

This weekend we went to the park with Aunt Lainy, Hayden and Lincoln to fly kites. The weather was actually perfect for flying kites. I think Lincoln was probably the best kite flier –sorry Uncle Ry. ;) 

Cool shades!


This would be a picture of Lincoln's kite crashing into Ryan! 

Taking a stroll!

Hayden decided she wanted to swing like a baby too...

Nolie and Linc loving the swings!

When did you get so big?

Sunday we went to Harper’s baptism! At first my thought was how on earth is Nolan going to sit through an hour long mass, but once we got there I quickly realized my thought should have been how is RYAN going to sit through the hour?? Nolan did great! (so did Ry) He started to talk loudly a few times, but we quickly gave him his paci and he quietly played in the pew and with the man sitting behind us. Nolan actually took off his shoes, then his socks and then he decided that the nice gentleman behind us should have his sock. I apologize to you nice sir who so politely accepted my son’s dirty sock with a smile on your face. And as for little miss Harper, I don’t think I have ever heard her cry. Harper is such an amazing little baby. I think she will be tricking her parents into having many more adorable babies at this rate :) good girl Harper!! Your cuteness and smiles kill me!



Little Harper sleeping through it all :) 
Check out my besties blog! 

Side note: Nolan becomes a little terror when he skips a nap. I am starting to worry about his birthday party that I so casually planned smack during the middle of nap time. Within a minute of leaving the baptism grouchy was taking his nap. When we got home his nap turned into family nap time. In the evening we stopped over to Phil and Sarah’s Memorial Day cookout and we took Nolan to the playground over there for a little bit.



Aunt Nora and Uncle Mike sent Nolan birthday presents! So of course, we decided it was okay for him to open them up. Thank you so much Aunt Nora and Uncle Mike! Nolan is going to look so stylish this summer!  

Aunt Nora and Uncle Mike sent Nolan a birthday present!

Nolan was so excited!

Opening presents is hard work..time for a water break!

All kinds of adorable outfits for this summer!

He loved his card! It had Mickey on it! He crawled around with his card for a good amount of time!

Monday was a day of running errands and buying Nolan his birthday present! On Monday evening Nolan took a bath in the tub like a big boy. He looked so tiny in the bathtub, but taking him out of the baby tub was long overdue. I wanted to get him the inflatable duck transitional tub, but once again I underestimated how good Nolan is and he was fine in the bathtub last night. I guess I am just having a hard time accepting that my baby is growing up. 

Big boy!

This photo angle is odd, but it puts into perspective how tiny Nol looks in the bathtub!


Some more fun pictures from the week:
Nolan was obsessed with Roxy's dog bed at Aunt Ginnies house this week!
  
Kisses!

My baby turns 1 on Saturday!!!

Nolan absolutely loves playing on our bed! He will sit up and then fall back and crack up laughing. If Chuggins is on the bed too, oh man the giggling does not stop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment