Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My First Mother's Day

How was my first Mother’s Day? Just look…
I love Mommy cupcakes!
My day began with a wake up cuddle from Nolan. Ok, I had already woken up at 6AM to pump before Nolan would wake up, and then I tip toed back to bed. Ryan woke up sometime after I fell back to sleep and took the baby monitor downstairs with him. I assume Nolan woke up around 7AM, but was a little angel for Ryan and didn’t cry for his bottle (aka me) at all. The boys made me a delicious breakfast and then came upstairs around 8AM to wake me up. Nolan seriously crawled over and he snuggled in bed with me and it was glorious. He must have known it was Mother’s Day! After about 15 minutes of cuddling he had enough and decided he was finally hungry. Then we all ate breakfast together, French toast, hash browns and turkey sausage- YUM! (Side note, unlike turkey bacon, turkey sausage is actually delicious!).
Ryan asked me what I wanted to do today and so after Nolie’s morning nap we went to Ikea. Can you believe that Ryan has never been to Ikea? I love that place. We pretended we had money and could redo our house and then we went home and relaxed around the house.  
Playing at Ikea

For dinner I requested that Ryan grill chicken and we had garlic green beans and mashed potatoes. It was another delicious meal. Nolan and I played outside awhile Ryan was grilling. My day ended with my first Cindy’s ice cream of the year!


YUM!
Writing this post, I learned that my Mother’s Day revolved around food. Please make note that in the picture above that my husband also made me cupcakes. He baked! This is a big deal, Ryan does not bake.

I need to go for a run.     

Aunt Ginnie was so thoughtful to think of my first Mother's Day! Her and Nolie made me a beautiful bouquet of flowers in the best vase I ever received!  
I love the hand print vase that Nolan and Aunt Ginnie made for me! <3 

And lastly, I had to add this video because it is too cute not to share! Ryan was away at camp for school last week and so Nolan and I worked on a new "trick" to show Daddy when he came home...Enjoy!!








No comments:

Post a Comment